We have tried to compile all of the most commonly asked questions for you. If you have any other questions that we don’t address below, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to the list.
1) What if I made an error in the online registration process/ changed my mind on distance/ can’t find my team, etc?
Don’t panic. Please contact the race director at email@example.com. I will do my best to sort out any issues.
2) Can a friend pick up my race package?
Yes. We leave this to the honour system. Please be honourable.
3) Are entries transferable?
No. You may not run under someone else’s name or identity. If you do, you will forfeit any prizing received or earned. This is to keep it fair and transparent for all the other participants and to maintain the integrity of the run.
4) Can I register on site on the day of the race?
Yes, we will accept credit, cash, or cheque for individual entrants on race day. Registration will start at 8 am in the Handsworth Secondary gymnasium.
5) How do I register for the Kids Fun Run?
Registration for the Kids Fun Run is ONLY available on race day and registration for the Kids Fun Run will be allowed up to 5 minutes prior to race start.
6) Can I fundraise for the cause?
Yes please! Fundraising is not required to participate, but it is encouraged and appreciated. Every little bit counts and 100% goes directly to the youth. Fundraising pages and donations can all be achieved on the registration page. All donations receive tax receipts.
7) Is there parking on-site?
Parking is available in a parking lot on the Handsworth Road side. There is also street parking available. No parking is available on the Edgewood Road cul-de-sac, due to race start.
8) Will there be food post-race?
Yes, there is a whole post-race social at the finish line. This will include food, music, kid face painting and Kids Fun Run, prize giving, and messages from participants of the programs that we support. More details will be shared as they become finalized.
9) Will there be First Aid or Medical on-site?
Yes, we will have first aid certified people at the finish line (Handsworth Secondary track).
10) Are dogs allowed on the run?
Leashed dogs are allowed on course, spectating, and on the track. Please no dogs in the gymnasium. Please be respectful of your fellow runners: keep dogs under control, give way to those racing without dogs, and stoop and scoop.
11) Is the race open to walkers?
Yes, walkers are welcome. We recommend the 5 km course for walkers.
12) Is the race open to wee bikers, strollers, scooters, etc?
The run is a family-oriented, fun day. Small children on bikes, scooters, or pushed in strollers are welcome. They will not be eligible for prizing, but all are encouraged to get active and participate!
13) Can kids run the “adult” race and the kids race?
Of course! Kids can participate in everything they are registered for.
14) Will the race go ahead rain or shine?
Absolutely. The post-race social will also go ahead rain or shine (we live in Vancouver, after all). Please bring a warm, dry, set of clothes to change into after the run so that the social can be properly enjoyed.
15) Will there be a sweep (i.e. someone to go behind every runner to make sure no one gets left out there?)
16) How will the course be marked?
There will be marking (flagging and/or arrow signs) along the entire length of both courses. Course marshals will be indicating direction at all major intersections. That said, ultimately it is the participant’s responsibility to know the course. Please check “The Course” page for a map if you need extra assurance.
17) How many water stations will there be?
There will be one water station on the 10 km on the Mosquito Creek hill (The Hill). There are no aid stations for the 5 km. Water will be available at the start and finish. Post-race snacks and food will also be available at the finish.